The Most Reverend Bernardito C. Auza
Titular Archbishop of Suacia,
Permanent Observer of the Holy See to the United Nations
and Permanent Observer of the Holy See to the Organization of American States
- Born in Talibon, Republic of the Philippines on 10 June 1959.
- Ordained priest for the Diocese of Tagbilaran on 29 June 1985; then in 1986 he was incardinated to the newly created Diocese of Talibon.
- Earned a doctorate in Theology and entered the diplomatic service of the Holy See in 1990.
- Served at the Apostolic Nunciature in Madagascar, in Bulgaria, and then in Albania.
- He then served in the Secretariat of State in the Vatican and from there was appointed to the Permanent Observer Mission of the Holy See to the United Nations in New York.
- Appointed Apostolic Nuncio to Haiti on 8 May 2008 and was ordained Titular Archbishop of Suacia on 3 July 2008.
- Appointed Permanent Observer of the Holy See to the United Nations in New York on 1 July 2014 and Permanent Observer of the Holy See to the Organization of American States on 16 July 2014.